New Objective

This blog is now an outlet for my expression. I apologize to those who wish to continue submitting content.

Thursday, January 19, 2012

A New Beginning


Right now, it seems that every aspect of my life has a person or a group of people unwilling to give me any sort of chance to prove myself, regardless of how I've proven myself in the past.

For instance, there have been some nasty rumors flying about me in my ward (or church congregation, for those of you unfamiliar with LDS jargon) to the point where I can't ever persuade people to be my friends. This is fine, since I have little extra time between school and work, but it's also spilling into my dating life. I have no problem being the one to ask a guy on a first date, but I've had a few turn me down flat-out, citing the rumors.

I feel the concept in this picture most keenly, however, with an old friend with whom I used to share secrets and fun times, yet now...this person all but refuses to talk to me. I wish I could have the chance to show this person how I've changed and grown, and how deeply I miss the friendship that we shared.

1 comment: